Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's A.....

BABY GIRL!!

When the doctor's office called me, they called to let me know that the first set of tests that I took came out normal aka perfect and they also had the gender but they didn't know if we wanted to know. I was like, "um yeah!" So I called the nurse back to ask her to leave what we were having on my voicemail. Up until I found out, I seriously thought we were having a boy. I don't know, that's what I thought. I guess my Mommy intuition is not that fine tuned yet.

So the nurse called and left the message. It was kind of disappointing how she left it, "So you're having a girl. I hope that is what you wanted....." Really?! Really?!!! How anticlimatic that was! So at first I was a little like, "oh, we are having a girl." As time has gone on, I'm like, "WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!"

I wanted to take what I knew and keep it a secret from Adam until Father's day. It was.SO.hard! He found out that I knew. And it started to make me sad that the information that he wanted to know, I wasn't telling him. Well, we were talking one night and I leaned over him as he laid on the bed, he touched my stomach and he asked how the baby is. I said, "Oh she's fine!" He immediately grabbed onto that and said, "That's what we are having!!" I couldn't hold it in (lie) anymore. Yes, that is what we are having. He was all cheese! He wanted a little girl. Well, our family didn't know what we were having or so I thought. So some of the things that I wanted to get ready for Adam, I got ready for my parents.

The whole weekend, I put something on Facebook leading up to Father's day. Kind of like a rolling gender reveal.

Finally, Father's day came! My parents came to church with us. People kept asking what were having. I told them to check into Facebook that afternoon and they would find out. We still hadn't told our parents, therefore they had to wait!

We went out to brunch with the parents. They were trying their hardest to tell me it was a girl and what her name would be. We just played along. On our way to our separate cars, "she" came out of my mouth. I swore my mother heard me. She didn't. But I thought she did. Secrets are so hard to keep sometimes!!

We got home, they arrived shortly after. We went inside. Minutes later, they sat down on the couch and waited.

Okay! Go ahead and open the box, I told them. I had wrapped the box in Christmas paper because she is due in December. In my mind's eye, I saw my mother slowly open the box. But reality is, she tore into like a happy child on their birthday!

And out came this:


Surprise! It's a girl! My dad "knew" it! He got another princess :)
(A little blurry, just a little excited!)

"Grandfather's Lil' Princess" "Grandmother Loves Me"

Wow! What  a day of excitement! Sometime after my parents left, I put the announcement on Facebook. Friends and family alike are so excited! I also got a few phone calls and made some but only after I took a MUCH needed nap!

This guy passed out after a long day!

With a day full of excitement, smiles, hugs and happy screams, we called it a day! So here we are in anticipation, waiting for Baby Girl to arrive in December!

Until next time friends,

Mrs. M

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Yay!!! How exciting!!! I think our baby is a girl but that probably means it's actually a boy. ;-) We'll find out in a week!

Rachel said...

Aww, so fun to get to know!! I have so many little sisters that I'm pretty partial to baby girls! :P My Mom was absolutely convinced that she was destined to have a lot of sons...she got 6 girls and only 1 boy instead!