I know that's not how the saying goes but that's how I felt, this morning.
My husband happens to be part of our Elite military...he's a Sailor! And a handsome and faithful one at that! Because he has the job he does, he has to get up even before the crack of dawn. Which means, I'm up with him...kind of.
The first several days of him being back from being out to sea and coming home, I would get up with him in the morning. He would ask me, "Why are you up?" I wouldn think with pride, "I'm being a loving wife....." Then I would think, "Don't get used to it..." That's mean! Cause I know Adam would do almost anything for me! But he would tell me, "You don't have to Honey...go back to sleep." I'm sure he would, if I asked him to. Then I would think of my mother who is one of the sweetest women I know and wondered, "What would my mother do? Probably get up and make dad his breakfast and lunch. Then go talk to our heavenly Father."
When Adam and I were dating, we would stay up until all hours of the night, sometimes. He would look tired and say he's not but just wanted me to be close. While watching a movie, him or I would eventually fall asleep on the couch. Usually, I would! There were times though he would be like, "It's time for you to go" so he could get some sleep. Me, being somewhat of a night person was like, "he must be a morning person because he gets tired around like 8pm".
Now that I'm his wife, it really hit me this morning. "Now I know why you have to go to bed so early!" I told him. He was like, "Yeah..."
At night, he usually reaches out for me during the night and takes me into his arms. I love that, but either he or I will get super hot and we'll just end up holding each others hands or touching a leg or something just to be close. I think we are both grateful for a ceiling fan! But waking up at various hours of the night makes for a somewhat interrupted sleep. I THINK I'm still getting use to sharing a bed, though I love that I get to sleep in a bed with him, my husband :) *giggle, giggle* So when he does get up, at 4 o'clock in the morning, "I'm like, already?" Then I think of the widows whose husbands are no longer with them, wishing they had just one more night. (Oh the things that run through my head!)
I love my husband! I get to sleep with a man I'm married to!
I would complain and be "real" right now. But I guess when it comes to going to bed early and getting up early, I'll just have to learn to adjust and I get to do that for all of our earthly, married life. And for that I am grateful! I still have my husband!
Now do your remember the last part of that saying...well, here it goes....
Makes a person, healthy, wealthy, and wise!
From a tired but so- in- love- with- her husband- wife.P.S. Yes, I know you're waiting on our wedding story blog....give it time :)