Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blogs and date nights!

I have to say that I truly ENJOY reading peoples blogs, some more than others (like the ones that keep a steady flow of entries). That being said, I know I'm not one to keep a steady flow of entries...bad girl. I hope to at least have two entries a week.

Here's to hoping!

Last night, my husband (here, my friend Maria would say, "WHO?" Then I would say, "My husband!" And then we would start laughing. ). Anyways, after coming home from work, just to get ready to leave to go grocery shopping with Maria, my HUSBAND looked at me and asked, "When are we meeting with Pastor Tom?" (Our marriage counselor/pastor) It's our 3 month check up! Yay! And I said, "This Friday." He said, "Oh, I guess we can't go on a date." I was like are you kidding me, we could go afterwards, it's only an hour. He slyly smiled and said, we could go out on Saturday.

It's so funny because I had just been reading earlier that day on how we as wives should surprise our husbands every now and then with a surprise date. And here my husband is surprising me!

Oh, I have such a thoughtful husband and I CAN'T WAIT to go out on our date! I have an outfit in mind already ;-)

And with that, I want to encourage you husbands and wives to continue dating each other. A date does not have to be expensive or extravagent! But it is still needed even after you are married even if it does take a little bit of creativity sometimes. But if you are like some of us, just something as thoughtful as taking your wife to Sunset Cliffs to hear the ocean or taking your husband to an antique car showroom will show that you love them.

Here's to blogs and date nights! Cheers!

One of our many dates, pre-engagements :) This was taken at a cute little Italian restaurant in North Park.