Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Feeling useful and being refreshed

Today is the kind of day where I actually feel useful.

When you spend at least 8 hours in one place, you want to feel useful. At least I do and I'm thankful for the opportunity. I got to use my brain and exercise it by problem solving an issue that we had in the office! (If I should leave this job, I don't want to have to pick up the mush that has become my brain and take it with me). I also participated in a business conference call where I felt so grown up plus I get to do something important.

LOVE. IT.

At lunch, I felt refreshed by being with women who share with me our faith in Christ. For some time, I have be wanting and needing some hang out time with some Sisters in Christ. My prayers were answered when I attended a prayer event for the National Day of Prayer! There I met Erin and Rosie who in turn introduced me to some other ladies.  Later, I found out that they had a Bible Study from one of our maintenance guys who wanted to go to the study too until he got downstairs and found out that they were all women. He didn't want to feel like the odd man out I guess. They all work in the same office and know each other but I don't feel like the oddball.
  
Though these women are not terribly older than me, they are older and I believe they have a lot of wisdom to offer and I hope to get to know them better.

When I was a child, I loved hanging around older people to the point I thought I would be a Geriatrics Nurse or Physical Therapist. I think it's the First Child syndrome. Sometimes there is this comfortable familiarity that I sense with older folks. And I like when they share their stories or something that they have learned in life.

I hope I can grow to be a wise old woman so that I can share with the younger generation something that I've learned.

On that note,  I gotta get back to my usefulness ;)

Mrs. M