Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Get up how early and do what?!?

We are getting stronger!

So as I mentioned in an earlier post, my husband and I decided to not eat meat for a whole month except for fish once a week. I took it a step further to include no sweets, no junk, no wine, and no bread. For the most part I did...okay. There have been several times where there was bread, a few times where I had wine and few times where I had sweets. Dissapointed? A little. Despite that I did lose a little. But the consequence of my choice to indulge on one particular day cost me to gain back a couple of those pounds and then I held steady.

My husband decided to really step it up, especially since we are going on vacation! So have started to hit the gym in the mornings. Hey, for now it's free for us, why not?! But.mornings. (UGH!) Not only that but let's get up at 5! No, 4:45 a.m.! (Double UGH!)

The first morning we got up at 5 a.m. and left the house around 5:15. He decided that that was too late to leave so we needed to be up by 4:45. Believe it or not, the first morning after the workout, I was pumped! The night before the second day, I decided to pack my stuff (clothes and necessities) so after the workout, Adam can drop me off at work. After that I was even more excited! Not only did I get a morning workout in, I was on time to work. I got to do my nails and grab a smoothie! (After that I brought stuff to make my smoothies! Cheaper and better : ) )

This morning was another story! Tired and feeling out of it, but we still got up (me grumbling and body complaining)! I have come to the conclusion, that in order to have success with our workouts, we need to be well rested. Therefore, I need to go to bed at 9 p.m., not 10 or later!

Since we have been going to the gym, I am starting to feel a tiny bit of difference in my body and it feels good! My face (I feel) is looking less and less like the Michelin man's sister. And I can feel my collar bones! I know vain. But it feels good! and when I feel pain in my legs from the walk/run I do in the mornings, I can smile because I know our workouts are doing my body good.

The biggest plus is that we get to work out together! It's another bonding experience that I get to have with my husband and I am grateful for that!

My hope and desire is that one day we will be healthy enough and have enough energy to run around with our children.

I'm grateful to God for giving us the motivation to do this and encourage each other in this new phase (and hopefully continued phase, not fad) of our lives.

As they say, "Take it one day at a time." And that's what we are doing!

Love,

Mrs. M

P.S. And because my hair is natural, I have no excuse not to exercise! It will be interesting when I get extensions but that's for another post.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

Wow, good for you, girl!!! I really don't think I could EVER get up that early - even to work out. I am NOT a morning person.

Rachel said...

That's awesome that this way you get to work out with your husband! That would at least make it a little more fun! Though I don't think that ever getting up quite that early is fun. Anything in the 4s is just too early.

Jamie said...

That is great that you guys are working together to be healthier. That's a great commitment both to yourselves and to each other.