Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

You cannot have space in my head

No, I'm not crazy. But with these thoughts swirling around my head like birds that are looking for a place to perch, I thought I would shoot them down onto this paper. Graphic, I know.

I don't know about you, but I tend to have thin skin when it comes to people. The bottom line is, I want to be liked, not by everybody but just by those I'm around, like those I have to work with every.single.day. It's kind of sad.

It's sad, because when I think about it, I have a mother and dad who loves me, sisters who tolerate love me and I also tolerate one love both of them, friends who I can count on one hand, maybe two who are a part of my life, a husband who loves me, and most of all a Father in heaven who cares for me.

So why do I care so much what people, well particularly, the mean girls do or say to me?

I don't know. But I do know that I'm not innocent either. So why do I care? And what can I do to thicken up the top layer of skin, so that I don't care what they say or do to me but still love them like Christ loves them.

For one, I'm not with God's help gonna let them get under my skin or let them have space in my head.

~Mrs. M