Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

But we have today...

My husband and I just celebrated our 11 month wedding anniversary, last month! We are coming up on our first year this month! The time has gone by pretty fast.

Goodness, last year around this time we were in the process of looking for our home and it was coming down to the wire. We moved our stuff in the weekend before our wedding and though it was an exhausting day but we finally had a home. I moved into my parents house for that week, which I thought would be awkward being a grown child and all but it was the most blessed time I had with my parents. They were/are a blessing.

Looking back at out first year of marriage there have been good times, great times, hard times, fun times, frustrating times, and chill times. Speaking of good times, just last night we were laughing our heads off, tickling each other and chasing each other around (I was doing a lot of the chasing ;) ). I am so grateful I have a husband that I can laugh out loud with. Speaking of frustrating times, I reminded hounded him of something that I thought he should do right away, if not right away, at least some time today. In frustration, he cutoff stopped the conversation and I was mad after that.

But as I continued to stew over what just happened, I asked God to help me, I talked to Him about my frustrations and wanted to give them to Him because I know I would feel relieved but I wanted to stew some more. I came to a point, while standing at the kitchen sink, just to stand there for a couple of minutes and just talk. It was like letting pus out of a wound. Slowly but surely the peace started to return in my heart and when I wanted to bring those things up again, I was reminded in some ways that God is in control. He has a way of working things out.

Funny thing, I was listening to a program where I thought that the speaker was going to speak to husbands and what they needed to do, so I turned up the radio just a little bit so my husband could hear but you know what, the speaker was speaking to me as my husband's wife.

Sometimes, I hear stories of husbands or wives and how one day they had a fight or something like that and they decided to leave in a huff. The next thing they knew, they were being called by police saying that their spouse has been in an accident and they are dead. That spouse is then left with regret and remorse, wishing they had one more day.

Or you hear of a husband or wife that so loved their spouse through thick and thin, good and bad. And then their spouse dies. They wish that they had at least one more day with them.

At times, the things of this life seem to take over and without really realizing it, life has gone by so fast. Though I know that this earth is not the end of my life but while I'm here, I have today, we have today to make the most of it.

I need to learn that not every disagreement is a big deal, that grudges are not worth really holding onto (thinking that by my doing that, I have one over you, which in reality, the grudge has one over me), to forgive, and to let go. My husband is better at this than me.

This morning, as I was fininshing getting ready for work, he came behind me, kissed me and said I love you. But we have today....

Mrs. M