Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Walk with me

I'm a blog lover/reader! Blogs can be very inspirational, encouraging, depressing but thought provoking, funny, intimate, transparent, and all things interesting.

Sometimes when I sit to write, I have and idea of what I want to write about and then as I start writing, my thoughts start morphing into another idea and then another and then I just give up. I start to think, "Well, who is reading this and what are they thinking about what I'm say? Who is my audience? Everybody writes! What do I have to say?" Maybe I'm just insecure.

Some things that stand out to me about some of the blogs I enjoy reading are:
             
-They "own" their blog page. Their experiences are theirs alone and so are their thoughts on said subject. And their blog is a place to be themselves and share their experiences with others.

-They are being themselves (or so I would hope) and maybe, just maybe they might connect with others by being who they were created to be. Sometimes they have good days and sometimes not so good days. And that's okay.

And there is so much more I'm sure I can say.

The "blog world" was introduced to me years ago when one of my dearest friends started a blog of her own. And I love to write, read, and be creative. So that being said, this blog of mine will be my own space to where I can share my experiences, up or down! That's just life.

What I want to say may not always be happy go lucky (though I would like it to be) but hopefully what I express will help others feel connected.

Many of you have been writing and sharing your experiences for years and I love reading what you write. So maybe I'm insecure, so walk with me as I go along this blogging path.

4 comments:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I am here and I want to read your journey. i am still insecure about my writing but i am learning to go with the flow and write i feel like writing, because if i think too much about my audience i block my thoughts

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

Going with the flow..I like it. I'll take it and just stay writing. Thanks Toi!

April said...

Love, love, love your words April! Thankful to enjoy the journey of this life with you my friend:)

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

April, my namesake :) and friend, you are a blessing for sure!