Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Happy 37th Wedding Anniversay to Dad and Mom
Don't they look cute with children?! Those children are Jonathan and Benjamin and I got the pleasure of babysitting them for about two years! And most recently with my darling Adam, as a MARRIED couple! Spectacular, huh? I can't wait to see mom and dad with our children and their grandchildren.
Okay, I digress. It is going to be their 37th wedding anniversary tomorrow, December 14, 2011! And as dad said, just today, "I could not have married a better woman!" You got that right dad!
They just got back from a week of bliss from their cruise in Hawaii...lucky ducklings! And that was just like only a few months after taking a cruise in Alaska! And not to mention, seeing their first born, ME, get married to my wonderful husband, J Fizzle, I mean, Adam.
I can truly say, that my parents are for sure in love! I know that they have always loved each other, though as a teenager I wondered through my teenage senses, were they going to make it. Well, having 3 beautiful teenage daughters is enough to send any man over the edge! I mean can you imagine living in the house with 4 women and their cycles? Okay, okay....BUT despite, the time of the month, the time of the year, or the season in their lives, they kept on persevering and best of all kept PRAYING!
In the midst of friend's parents who have been married 25 years and then getting divorces for one reason or another, I can only say THANK YOU JESUS because, it was YOU that gave my parents the grace and the stamina to keep going! Oh there were hard times, believe you them, but there were also good times and now even better times, kind of like how some wine gets better with age or like how my husband puts it, "the spaghetti sauce gets better as the spices marinade together" (or something like that).
So my parent's marriage has only gotten better. I remember my dad telling us the story that included something like, "Divorce will never be part of our vocabulary." And that stuck with me, though at times, like I said, in my child like way, I was scared. But thanks be to God, who gives us everything we need to make it!
I just want to say again, Happy Anniversary to my young looking parents (I think that comes from taking care of themselves and especially each other) and many more!
Love,
Your Firstborn