I'm also fighting ignorant thoughts that run through my head...they come in the form of prejudices, lies, etc. Things like, "does my husband really love me", "he probably thinks I'm lazy", "so and so doesn't like me", "why didn't they ask ME to lunch", all very self centered.
In the midst of all these thoughts, I decided to go to the window and take a look outside and PRAY. I asked the Lord to please help me to cleanse my mind of all those stupid thoughts and fill it with something good. Sounds kind of New Agie...but it's not.
Get this, I have a choice to think on those things that I know to be true and all of that mixed with faith trusting those things to be true. One verse that comes to mind to remind me encourage me to think on such things is:
Philippians 4:4-8
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS.
It starts with rejoicing in the Lord, then praying about everything, and ends with thinking on those things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable (anything excellent or praiseworthy).
You know what I think that happens when I start to think that way, I start to feel a bit better too! :)