
I'm sorry to disappoint, not only did I not do a blog entry yesterday, I don't have a picture of me as a child readily available. Boo!
I can tell you of two of my favorite and they are both baby pictures.
Every other year or so, our family would take a drive from California to Texas! On Father's Day, my dad recalled that he made a straight drive and it took him a whopping 24 hrs since my mother didn't drive at the time. He paid for it by sleeping for two days. Poor guy. But he did say, we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel or motel. You do what you gotta do.
Okay where am I going with this? Well, one of those favorite pictures were taken in my Great Grandmother's front yard. It was summer, it was Texas and it was hot! So what do you do to keep your baby cool? You let them go buck naked! So in the picture I am laying on my stomach, in the hot, humid shade of Texas, like a black mini me of the Michelin tire man, laying out there in my glorious rolls of baby fat. It's funny how rolls of fat are not so cool when you get older. Oh well! So that's one.
The second one is of me sitting up on a cloth covered tabled (if I remember well), like they do at JC Penney's for babies. Mom told me, minutes before, I had rolled off the table to the ground. Poor little me! But I still managed to take a picture like a sweet baby girl all dressed up in a little dress and bonnet with my black baby glorious rolls of baby fat!
Do you ever look at your baby pictures and wish that you could go back in time and hold your baby self? Well, since I don't have a baby of my own yet (we're trying!), I can only imagine and hold my friends rolly polly babies!

I'm sorry to disappoint, not only did I not do a blog entry yesterday, I don't have a picture of me as a child readily available. Boo!
I can tell you of two of my favorite and they are both baby pictures.
Every other year or so, our family would take a drive from California to Texas! On Father's Day, my dad recalled that he made a straight drive and it took him a whopping 24 hrs since my mother didn't drive at the time. He paid for it by sleeping for two days. Poor guy. But he did say, we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel or motel. You do what you gotta do.
Okay where am I going with this? Well, one of those favorite pictures were taken in my Great Grandmother's front yard. It was summer, it was Texas and it was hot! So what do you do to keep your baby cool? You let them go buck naked! So in the picture I am laying on my stomach, in the hot, humid shade of Texas, like a black mini me of the Michelin tire man, laying out there in my glorious rolls of baby fat. It's funny how rolls of fat are not so cool when you get older. Oh well! So that's one.
The second one is of me sitting up on a cloth covered tabled (if I remember well), like they do at JC Penney's for babies. Mom told me, minutes before, I had rolled off the table to the ground. Poor little me! But I still managed to take a picture like a sweet baby girl all dressed up in a little dress and bonnet with my black baby glorious rolls of baby fat!
Do you ever look at your baby pictures and wish that you could go back in time and hold your baby self? Well, since I don't have a baby of my own yet (we're trying!), I can only imagine and hold my friends rolly polly babies!