Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

When God answers is "Not Yet"

Last night my husband and I got to watch "What to Expect When You're Not Expecting". I have been wanting to see this movie for awhile now. It came out on base and I still didn't get to see it. Then it came out on Redbox but everytime that I went to go check it out, it was rented out! Until yesterday.

Yesterday, I was not feeling good at all. Now that our weather has gone from being Summer Hot to Fall Cold to Summer Warm, my body is trying to adjust to this weather. When the weather vacillates like this, I tend to get a cold. I'm trying to fight it.

Anyways, so after taking a decent nap and my husband picking up some Thai food (my comfort food when I'm sick), we settled down in the Living room to watch the movie.

It wasn't all that I expected it to be but I'm glad I watched it. It contained several story lines, from the couple who had been trying to conceive for two years, to the couple who conceived after a one-night stand to losing the baby, to the couple who tried once and boom, conceived, to the couple who couldn't have a child and decided to adopt.

Two couples, that I resonated with was the couple who tried a couple of years to conceive and the couple who decided to go through the adoption process.

The couple who tried and tried to conceive and when she finally did, she found out that pregnancy was not all cracked up to be what she saw in magazines. Her pregnancy was hard! And she finally showed and told her audience the truth about her pregnancy. It was then my husband said, people hunger for honesty from other's. That's so true.

Why is conceiving a skate in the park for some couples and a gymnastic exercise for others?

The second couple, we find out later that they had spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on a few failed IVF attempts. The wife wants to adopt and we find out that the husband is scared and doesn't know if he could go through with it. But in the end he stands by his wife to continue with the decision. Not only does he stand by her with his support but he stands in the decision with both feet.

For those who have seen the movie, how I saw the movie may sound very simplistic or not at all what the movie tried to portray but that's what I saw.

At one point, towards the end of the movie, I wanted to burst out crying but I held back. I just don't understand.

Am I not ready for a baby? Would Adam and I be fine not having children? When I think of the responsibilites of having children, they are huge! But I've also have seen having children a joy!

Tomorrow I will be going for the infamous and painful procedure called the hysterosalpingogram, just to see if everything is clear in my uterus and fallopian tubes.

If everything is clear, why am I not pregnant yet? Does that mean that God's answer is not yet?

No comments: